Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hot Fuzz

Let me tell you this. I am a fan of British comedies. Hell, I love them from Four Weddings and a Funeral to the Carry On... series, and from Yes, Minister to the Benny Hill show. But this movie here, it's just not there. I mean where I need something to make me laugh. And many can assure you that isn't really tough. Why, I still laugh at Friends episodes I may have seen 10 times before.

But this movie fails to achieve that. Well, there are a few instances where it has its humorous side, but then which movie doesn't. I have to say most action movies made are funny. There is always that one character who is the 'funny guy'. They have him here, in the shape of Nick Frost. But then, he isn't that funny guy. Simon Pegg tries to act all-intense-super-serious-extreme cop. He does that well. And I think that us it for the movie.

OK. It's a suspense story. A whodunit. And it does well in that department. The mystery is quite well formed and then solved. I even almost gasped at the revelation. But that had to be the end. What followed after the revelation was just downright foolish, a farce. And I have been told that that's what it is supposed to be. A parody, a farce. But then begin and continue with it. They make the film a bit gripping with a light comical side. They make it mysterious and then the climax is absolutely ridiculous.

I know some people who like the movie and the 'farce', but it was too much for me to take. I just cannot handle a movie made this way. I like parodies, Scary Movies is great, but that's what it is from start to finish. Not this movie. I would never recommend it. So my rating, 2/5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home